Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cubicle Life

I love when people try to act like they dont work in a cubicle, like there is something wrong with it.  Some of us just weren't born for the bigtime corner office, and most of us don't care.  We have somehow become happy with our shitty job and shitty insurance and shitty everything else.  There is no doubt the working world is exactly like Groundhog day, the only thing that is different with me is sometimes when I stop for my morning fountain soda from McDs I get a egg Mcmuffin and sometimes I don't.  Otherwise I wake up at 7:20am, get in the shower, put on cloths, stop for a soda and go to work.  Around 11am I go to Speedway on 9th and Lincoln get 44 more ounces of fun and come back to my cube.  I call myself the "Operations Manager" but in all actuality I am a glorified dispatcher and brokering agent.  I feel that calling myself the Operations Manager I will make myself sound better to the people I speak with.  The honest truth is you just make yourself look like a dick once they realize that you aren't important.  If you are in customer service just own it, don't make up some bullshit name that makes you sound more important.  We all know you make 32K per year and I promise I will not judge you.  We should all just be happy to be employed at this point.  The job market blows, the economy sucks and I still blame everything I can on George W. Bush, he seems to be the perfect scapegoat.  You know what F Obama too.  I haven't seen shit "CHANGE".  Enough about that.......if you are 32 like me and still work in a cubicle it isn't going to change.  OWN it, love it, provide for you and your family and call it a day.  Don't try to be something you are not.  The world needs people like us, not everyone can push a Benz, not everyone can have a 3,000 sq. ft house.  My wife and I both work full time jobs and we have a modest 3 bedroom house in Greendale that we are very proud of.  The yard is currently brown as hell and one cigarette ash away from going up in smoke, but I wouldn't trade it.  It feels like home and we aren't trying to front.  So many people want to live a life that isn't real.  Guess what dumb asses, it isn't going to happen.  Milwaukee County is not The Real Housewives of Orange County.  Go to your cubicle, enjoy your life and stop telling people "you are just getting experience to move up into the mangement position".  You aren't doing shit without a Masters, a PHD blah blah blah.  I got a bachelors degree in communications, I mine as well gotten a bachelors in becoming Magic Mike.  I would make a lot more money.  I mine as well given 25K in education fees to the homeless guy under the bridge. OWN your life.  This blog is for the strong cubicle worker, the one who says "I work in a 7x7 and I don't give a shit". 

Hugs and Handpounds,

Czar

1 comment: