Monday, July 30, 2012

25,000 Beers

The college experience means something different to every person who decides that they want 4-8 more years of classes, papers, lectures, projects and nonsense.  Ideally the student would be done in four years and move on to their life in a cubicle, but for some of us it didn't happen this way.  Some of us got caught up in the social atmosphere, the pizza, the 3 hour lunches in the cafeteria with 10 friends as well as the late night parties and beer drinking.  I was one of those guys, the guy who wanted the booze.  I had quite a thirst from the ages 18-23 and it needed to be quenched.  My grades lacked, my class attendence varied from good to bad and from bad to worse.  I did score 100% on one thing though, I never missed a party.  I am not writing this to tell you how great of idea this was or to brag, I am just writing this because I am an idiot.  I let the social aspect of college get the best of me.  I made a ton of life long friends during these 5 years and I never met a beer I didn't like.  I have told my story before and I will tell you all just one more time and I will take this to my grave.  In college I consumed over 25,000 beers.  Laugh if you will, tell me I didn't and I will tell you I did.  We can argue back and forth if you want, I know in my heart the number is probably closer to 30,000, but I don't want to jump ahead of myself.

Let me break the numbers down for you before you continue to tell me this didn't happen.

365 days in 1 year(DUH) x 5.5 years in college = 2,007 days / 25,000 beers = 12.45 Beers per day. 

I do agree, 12.45 beers per day sounds like crazy talk(psssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) you have to remember I was in my absolute prime.  From years 3-5 I warmeed up with a 12er before going to happy hour.  There were plenty of nights I was at 20 by 11am and 27 by bar close.  It just wouldn't stop, I didn't want it to stop.  There were nights when I was devastated and heartbroken that the bar time lights would come on(but that only lasted for about 1 minute because I knew it was Rosas time).

LOOK- believe what you want, but there will never be a day in my life when you will tell me that this didn't happen.  Question it, think about it, talk to your friends about it, but I am taking this one 6 feet deep.

Dorm beers + house party beers + UR house beers + happy hour beers + $5 all you can drink at the Huddle, Mainstreet and Pub beers + more beers = 25,000 beers

Rack ME.

Hugs and Handpounds,

Czar

2 comments:

  1. Your equation assumes that you drank EVERY day in college. Which is kinda hard to maintain or believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe what you will. Again it is an average.

    ReplyDelete