Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Things I Don't Know How to Do.

Never claimed to be a mans man, in fact I am the exact opposite of that.  I am suprised my wife actually stays with me.  As far as doing handyman/mans man work I am a joke.  I don't really know how to hold a hammer, or use a shovel, or really anything else.  I do know how to pay to get things done however.  I want to change this, I want my wife to say "hey Justin, could you hang this picture for me" and the answer to be "Yes".  Unfortunately right now I wouldn't know how to hang a picture.  I am good at being a friend, remembering sports stats, and drinking.  That doesn't help me though.  My dad has shook his head at me many times in disgust.  Today I am going to share with you a list of things I CANNOT DO.  Remember I am a 32 year old male who grew up with a father who could do everything my mom asked.  HERE WE GO......

1) Change my oil.

2) Hook up a VCR.

3) Hang a picture.

4) Check the air pressure in my tires

5) Set up wireless TV.

6) Grill anything.  I have never flipped a burger on a grill in my life.

7) Put together anything, desks, shelving units, basically anything with an instruction manuel.

8) Kill spiders, centipedes or get anywhere near a mouse.

9) Anything electrical besides put a plug in or out.

10) Painting, it seems easy but I am terrible at it.  Tons of streaks, missed spots.

11) Hanging a fixture.

12) Figuring out why something doesn't work.

13) Unplugging the toilet.  Seriously, my wife does this.

14) I refuse to step foot on a ladder.

15) Putting sheets on a bed, I don't know why I just can't do it.  Not manly at all, but I can't do it.

This was a list of 15 that I came up with in 5 minutes.  I am worthless.  Bob Vila would hate my ass.  Hell, I hate my ass.  Is there any hope for me?  At 32 I should be able to do everything listed above.  No worries though I still have good hair and my wife loves me.  I think.  Sometimes I just shake my head at myself.  One word comes to mind.  Pathetic.

Hugs and Handpounds,

Czar

No comments:

Post a Comment