Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Engaged, 1 Year Ago.

One year ago today I got engaged.  I didn't pop the question in super romantic, get on one knee, everyone starts crying type of way.  I sat on one couch, Jess went upstairs to tuck Lillian into bed, and I had a diamond ring in my pocket.  I didn't know exactly what I was going to do, but I knew I had to act fast.  I came up with the brilliant idea to send her a text message asking her to marry me.  Her phone was sitting on the coffee table, I knew when she came back downstairs, it would be the first thing she would look at.  So I sent the text, she came downstairs, looked at her phone, I was holding the ring and she almost shit in her pants.  I think her reply was something along the lines of "shut the f*&% up".  Jess has such a delicate mouth.  Happiness ensued, Jess looked at the ring on her finger about 6,341 times before it actually felt real.  Then she said "can we put this on Facebook"?  Well yeah, we need to get this out there to see how many "likes" and "comments" we can get.  Forget calling our parents or loved ones, lets get this thing on Facebook.  That being said it was a pretty awesome night that I will never forget, but the best part of it was when Jess' daughter Brittany walked down the stairs and Jess said "hey Britt, guess what"?  Then she showed her the ring.... Britts exact words were "STFU".  Keep in mind this is a 4.0, 8th grade student who neither Jess nor I has ever heard swear.  It was a good reaction.  I believe she began to cry and then it was all real.  I was going to have an immediate family and it was awesome.

In the last year Jess and I bought a house in December, got married in May, and continue to fight about what we are going to watch on tv nightly.  That being said this has been the best year of my life and I wouldn't trade it for a thing.  In every relationship there are ups and downs, but if the love is real good things can and will happen.

I LOVE YOU JESS, LILLIAN, AND BRITTANY!

PS-

Lillian- I need at least 2 goals out of you at Saturdays soccer game.

Britt- Even though you spend most of your time in your room because you are embarressed to be seen with your mother and I, I think you and I get along so well because of our love for rap music.  Don't worry I won't tell your mother or father about the songs we listen to on your iPod when we drive to Sheboygan to meet your dad.  Totally between us.

Jess- Hang in there with me and we will have a wonderful HAPPILY EVER AFTER!  Tonight I plan on coming home, lighting a candle and making you a nice Banquet meal in the microwave.  That's real love girl.

Love,

Justin

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this. So cute and I'm so happy for you. Jess and her girls are lucky, lucky girls. Tell them I sad so. Are you on twitter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on twitter Megan, however I hardly use it because I dont really know what I am doing. @Bobbows

      Delete
  2. Super cute Czar! Glad you have your happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete