Tuesday, October 9, 2012

21 days into MY 56 day CHALLENGE...

3 weeks ago I decided to challenge myself for the first time in years.  I believe the last challenege I faced before this was when I visited Brian Johnson at Ripon College, we went to Subway and he told me there was NO WAY I could eat 3 feet of sub.  I took the challenge and made him look silly.  I devoured all 3 feet and then I felt sick for the rest of the night.  I believe I had 1/2 of a beer and was sleeping before 10pm CST.  Since then I have just been lackidasical, someone who just goes with the flow and walks away or cheats on most things I am challeneged by.   I go hard for about a week and then I give up, mainly because I don't have anything to prove and my name won't show up in the local newspaper.  I decided to take on a 56 day nationwide health challenge called the Lurong Challenge(http://www.lurongliving.com/challenge/.)  This shit ain't no joke.  No dairy, No carbs, No soda, No booze, No grains, No sugars.........basically I am eating meat, chicken, pork, eggs, veggies and drinking water.  This is a serious challenge for me, I am a big dude, I didn't get this way by always eating and drinking healthy.  I will be the first to admit I have cheated or slipped up in my first 21 days, BUT I get right back at it the very next day. I haven't had a soda, or any noodles or anything besides a granola bar and few beers at a wedding.  I want to suceed in this challenge, not only to make myself healthier, but also to give myself a mindf&*^.  Sometimes we need to be mentally challenged to see what you are actually capable of.  I will tell you a life change/diet is a lot more mental than anything.  I am currently down around 15 lbs and feeling pretty damn good.   35 more days to make a lot more happen.  After the challenge is over I KNOW I will be incorporating this way of eating into my daily life.  That being said I will also go back to having a beer or 17 or some chicken wings here and there.  I can see how eating healthy makes you feel, not only physically, but mentally and personally I like it.  Stay tuned, in 35 more days I will be giving you the end results.  Hopefully everything will be positive and I won't have fallen off the healthy wagon.

I don't usually blog about serious things, but the name of my blog is "I Motivate You" and I want to motivate some of the people who read the bullshit I usually write.  If you have been wanting to do something, challenege yourself and make it happen.  If I can do it anybody can do it.  Believe me.

Good luck.

Hugs and Handpounds,

Czar

No comments:

Post a Comment