Thursday, January 10, 2013

5 New Years Resolutions.....

I am telling you these New Years resolutions are some son-of-a-bitches.  I set 5 attainable goals/resolutions for 2013 and 10 days 12 hours and 45 minutes into 2013 I have already broken two of them.  For those of you who don't know what my resolutions were let me start by sharing them with you.

1) Be more organized.

2) Dress nice daily.

3) Be nicer to my wife.

4) Lose 15 lbs by April 1st.

5) Spend more time with my step daughters.


1) Organization- that went out the shitter January 2nd when I couldn't find my GD keys at 730am to go to work.  Right now my work desk is covered with post-it notes that are 3 days old, my bedroom looks like a Tsunami hit it, so I throw everything into the closet and close the door.  Out of sight out of mind right?  Until you are looking for something to wear, you know, the one time in your life you are looking for the specific piece of clothing that has been balled up and piled into the heaping clump of cloths in the back of your closet.  Now after swearing 1,000 times and making an even bigger mess you finally found it..............and of course there there are more wrinkles in it than any dry cleaner could possibly handle at 6pm on a Saturday night.  At that point you finally scream, throw a tantrum and tell your significant other "you can go out without me".

The point of that rant was simple, organization saves you more than you ever know, not only time, but also money and effort, heartache, pain and murderous rage.

2) Dressing nice daily- I told my wife that I want to at least where a nice pair of jeans and a collared shirt everyday to work.  On the weekends I wanted to shower and if we were going out in public I wanted to do the same.  I will tell you what, I love me a pair of sweats and a hoody and tonight I will post a picture of my bedtime sweats to show you what kind of slob I am, but people who look nice all the time have something going for them and I wanted to be one of those people. 

On January 9th, 2013 I wore an Addidas hoody to work that has a small food stain on it.  I failed, I f'n failed.  That being said I was down in the dumps yesterday and today I came back hard with a North Face Fleece.  I am a joke.

3) Be nicer to my wife- Most of you reading this know me, you know I like to ruffle feathers.  You say something that pisses me off I will say something way worse with the intentions of making you cry.  My wife ain't no joke, she doesn't hold anything back, you know the type of people who want to say something, but don't?  Yeah, that isn't Jess.  So I am learning on the fly how to just shut my big mouth and continue on with my day.  Every relationship has drama, if you are on Facebook telling everyone how "perfect" everything is you probably actually hate your dude or girl and this is your way of telling yourself everything is just great.  Every relationship needs a good fight every so often, as unhealthy as it sounds I actually think it is healthy.  So in order to be nicer to my wife I am learning how just let her vent without saying anything back, then she usually questions if I am listening to her.  I am listening Jess, I swear.  When I don't talk I am actually being nicer.  See goal #3 is no problem.  EASY.

4) Lose 15 lbs by April 1st- Look, I have been hefty my whole life, over the past 1.5 years I have dropped nearly 50 lbs to go from hefty to stocky.  I have also realized that after years of making unattainable New Years resolutions about losing weight that making a goal that can actually be achieved is the best thing to do.  Yes, we all have a desired weight that we wish we could be, but believe me as a dude who has struggled with his weight my entire life you are setting yourself up for failure and that is just a blow to your mind and heart.  I will guarentee everyone reading this that I will lose 15 lbs by April 1st.  No doubt in my mind, I am also going to enjoy my life while doing it.  BABY STEPS!

5) Spend more time with my stepdaughters- Two of the most beautiful girls in the world that truely don't have to listen to a word I say, but basically do everything I ask.  Well Lillian has trouble cleaning her room, but so do I.  If that is the worst thing than I think I am truely blessed by this situation.  Britt is a high schooler who I see for about 30 minutes per night because she is busy being a teenager and doesn't want to hang around Jess and I.  She is an awesome student and one of the most well mannered 14 year olds I have ever met.  Lillian as many of you know is a ball of energy, but she makes me laugh everyday with the things she says and does.  She usually goes to clean her room after the 5th time asking, but then when we go look she is making some sort of arts and crafts.  Whatever, she is 6.  This is a resolution that Britt will be thrilled about when I tell her we are going to do something she doesn't want to do.  Lillian on the other hand just wants to do anything at anytime.  She has recently taken a liking to Dateline so we can watch that together. I look forward to attaining this resolution.  It is part of being the best stepfather I can be.  My main goal is that when both of these girls are adults they don't call me a BAD stepdad.   Even though sometimes I am a real dickhead.

Those are my resolutions, so far I have broken 2 of them, has anyone ever stuck to a New Years resolution for a full year?  If so FU.

Hugs and Handpounds,

Czar

No comments:

Post a Comment